Kilfinan Community Forest Company is seeking a Bookkeeper
Kilfinan Community Forest Company (KCFC) is a registered Scottish
charity formed in 2007.
The forest stretches from Tighnabruaich across the Kilfinan peninsula to
the Powder Dams on the Kilfinan road. We are responsible for managing
the land with and for the community and the felling and replanting of the
woodlands. We deliver a variety of additional benefits to the Kilfinan
community including the development of recreational facilities, further
employment opportunities and the provision of affordable housing and
The site currently includes a timber processing yard, firewood
processing and hydroelectric scheme, all of which generate income for
the forest. The path network allows easier access to the forest for
walkers, bikes and horses.
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
· Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting
transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
· Maintain historical records by filing documents.
· Complete monthly payroll including PAYE.
· Maintain VAT records.
· Prepare financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account
information and trends.
· Comply with legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
Person Specification, desirable skills / qualities
· Experience of working with a volunteer board.
· Ability to deal with complexity.
· Good data entry skills.
· Good attention to detail.
· Able to deal with confidential information.
· Knowledge of Xero, Sage or Quickbooks would be an advantage.
The post will be for 8 hours per week and working hours are flexible. 30 days pro rata (Equates to 12 days) paid holiday a year is included. Hourly rate is £10.33.
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is the 12th of February 2021.